Parent Code of Conduct Policy
The mission of Naples Flag Football is to develop confidence, self-esteem, and sportsmanship through the performance of recreational team sports. To ensure the appropriate atmosphere for these activities, Naples Flag Football has adopted a zero tolerance policy in the enforcement of the Parent’s Code of Conduct Policy.
Parents are expected to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for each child/ward participating in activities of Naples Flag Football by following this Parents’ Code of Conduct.
As a parent, you (and your guests) will:
- encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other event.
- not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; or using profane language or gestures.
- will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child/ward ahead of my personal desire to win.
- will never ridicule or yell at my child/ward or other participant for making a mistake of losing a competition.
- will support coaches and officials working with my child/ward, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- will support a sports environment for my child/ward that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all events.
- will remember that the game is for youth – not adults.
- will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child/ward. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- will help my child/ward enjoy the experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
Failure to abide by or violations of the above Code of Conduct will subject individuals to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following: verbal warning by official, coach, or On-site director; ejection from field/facility; parental game suspension, game forfeit; or season suspension with no refund of fees and no credits for future seasons. All decisions regarding enforcement of this policy are determined by the League directors and are final.